I have decided to do a blog about how to wave your hair, using a hair waver. I recently attempted this when trying out hair styles for my prom (which i will blog about). I thought and look quite nice. SO this is how it done.
Here's one I made earlier:
What you will need:
- A comb
- Some salon style clip, (the more hair you have the more you need),pictured below
- Finally a three barrel hair waver, pictured below.
I use the "Cosmopolition Full Body Multi Hair Stlying Kit", whch you can but from argos, (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4437734/Trail/searchtext%3EHAIR+WAVER.htm), for £24.99.
Here's the steps:
1) You will need to wave your hair in layer so seperate off the top layer and work fomr the bottom. If you have very curly hair i would suggest straightening your hair first, otherwise you wont get such a clean wave.
2) Take the strip of hair brush out any tugs and spray it with hairspray.
3) Take the waver and start at the top of the strip in hold it in place for about 10sec (thicker hair will take longer), pressing to waver down as tightly as you can.
4) Move the move down your hair, so that the first barrel takes the place of the third, until you reach the bottom. Here a demonstration from Type F:
5) Clip the wave all the way down, then spary it again.
6) Repeat untill all your hair is wavy, you can take out the salon clips and move them to the next strand of hair, they are just to keep the shape of the waver while the hair cools.
One thing I do is leave it over night then lightly brush my hair in the moring to create a softer wavy look.
Hope you enjoyed this blog :) have a great day, I'm off for a little retail therapy !! XxX