Friday 8 June 2012

Leavers Look

I thought I would blog and show you all the make-up that I wore to my leavers / prom. This look was quite heavy because it had to last an long night, through the wind and rain. I'm pleased to say that the make-up did well and actully stayed on my face which is always the desired effect. 

Eyes
For my eyes I went a little more dramatic than I normally do.

All my eye make-up

In order of application





 Starting out with my "MUA Eye Primer", just to hold to colour longer.

 I also used eyeliner which is unnusal for me ( I have a very shaky hand), but I decided that the evening was deserving of the effort. I used the "Avon Glimmerstick Diamonds in Smokey Diamond" This is a really nice soft smokey grey eyeliner, I appllied it thinly to my upper lash line and then smudged it out.

I bought a new eyeshodow due for the event which was "Rimmel Glam Eyes in Soft Glam", I think that this eyeshadow is actually discontinued but I picked it up in the new Poundland beauty section. I applyed the pink colour over my lid and then the blue colour at my tear ducts and blended it into the eye lide. I then used a tiny bit of white eyeshadow "Boots Natural Collection in Snow Storm" in the corners of my eyes to make them look bigger.

Eyeshadow Swatches

I applyed lashings of my favourite mascara "Maybelline Lash Stiletto", I love love love this mascara it maks my lashes look so long and just lovley. I am so gutted that Maybelline changed it and it now comes with a odd curved brush which is not half as good.

Finally, I lightly filled in my eyebrows with my pencil "Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Hazel"

Finnished Eyes


Lips
I opted  for a darker lip look.
Both my lip products

I went into MAC on tuesday to get a lipstcik for the night because I thought thought "what better an ocassion to splash out for". I already had an idea of the color I wanted. I wanted a colour similar to "MUA Shade 8" but better quality. I took my MUA lipstick to the shop and asked the lovley lady there to help my pick a shade. She suggested "New York Apple", as soon as she told me the name I new I had to buy it. I is just such a lovley shiny red/purple colour and it is in the finnish luster. 

After I bought the lipstick I was in new look and saw the "Gold by Giles lipgloss in Flirt". I is a very similer colour to the lipstick but a lot more sheer and it gave a lovley glossy glittery finnish to my lips.

Lipstick and Lipgloss Swatch



Finnished Lip

Finnished Lip
Face
Of course I also wore face make-up.

All my face and cheek make-up

In order of Application
I primed my face using "Technic Prime It". Then as a based I used my favourite foundation "Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse in Light Porcelain", in the areas that I felt I wanted a little more coverage a appled a light layer of "Avon Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation in Nude". I also used a lot of my new "Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer in Natural", this conceler is really good, and that means a lot coming from me as my life is the constient hunt for a good concealer.

Face Products

On my cheeks I applied "Avon Face Pearls" for a little colour and then over my cheek bone for definition I used " Avon Colour Trend Blusher in Cheeky", which is a really nice light coral colour that compliments for skin tone and dosent wash me out. I used a little pressed powder "Rimmel Stay Matte in Transparent" just to set my make-up.

For highlighting I used a liquid highlighter "Technics High Lights", on my cheek bones, chin and brow bone. This highlighter is really nice slightly pink toned highligher the picks up the light really well. I also applied to my cheek bones my "MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle" to give my cheeks a lovley simmery look.

Highlighting Products
Finnished Look




Thank you for reading please folow:) XxX
Sorry if the pics are not great I redid my make-up the next day to take the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment